249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 60 degree, V-twin.
- authentic, air-cooled V-Twin engine design
- long stroke engine design means lots of low end torque
- very linear, novice friendly power delivery
SOHC, 2-valve cylinder heads.
- tradition & simple 2- valve design
- basic rocker arm valve actuation... simple design that is easy to maintain / adjust
- chromed head covers add style
Air-cooled engine design.
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- cooling fins have been designed for good cooling even in stop & go traffic
- simple, classic design
Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
Traditional "bore-able" cylinder.
- in the event of an issue, cylinder can be over bored
Forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
Wet sump lubrication system with easy access element type oil filter.
Single Mikuni BDS26 carb.
- featuring an accelerator pump for crisp throttle response
- convenient handle bar mounted choke lever
- excellent fuel economy
Classic, chromed air box
- houses an easy access, washable (re-useable) foam air filter
- washable design reduces tune-up costs
- ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery
- 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at higher speeds
- light, easy clutch lever pull
Chain drive, final drive.
- chain drive provides the most efficient transfer of power (Vs. shaft drive systems)
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
Shorty, 2 into 2 exhaust system.
- short design, chromed, shot gun style mufflers produce a low, throaty V-Twin growl
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, reducing exhaust emissions.
Tube type, double cradle steel frame.
- provides a long & low profile with roomy ergonomics
- low 685 mm (27") seat height
- 32 degree rake angle
Box section, steel, dual shock swingarm.
Full-size, 1,488 mm (58.6") wheelbase ensures maximum stability & a comfortable, roomy ride.
Wet weight of only 147 kg / 324 lbs. makes the V-Star 250 light, nimble & easy to handle.
33 mm fork provides 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel.
Adjustable dual shock rear suspension with 100 mm (3.9") of wheel travel.
- 5- step spring preload adjustability
- allows rider to tailor spring settings to match load or road conditions
Single 282 mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
Rear drum brake.
- brake shoe wear indicator
- easy access wing nut adjuster for fast adjustments as brake shoes wear
Separate rider & passenger seats.
- low-profile rider & passenger seats offer excellent comfort
- low 685 mm (27") seat height allows riders to put feet firmly on the ground, enhancing confidence
- passenger seat can be removed if desired
Classic, chromed, spoked wheels.
- front wheel size is 1.60 X 18 with 3.00 - 18 tire
- rear wheel size is MT2.75 with 130/90-15 tire
Forward mounted, rider foot pegs for that special "custom" riding position.
Steel front & rear fenders.
- highlight the classic styling of the V-Star 250
- steel design means they are easy to paint or customize
Stylish "T design" handlebar.
- excellent rider comfort
- aggressive appearance, great styling highlight
9.5 litre fuel tank.
- more smiles & fewer fill-ups thanks to excellent fuel economy
- reserve portion is 2.6 litres (will have to switch petcock to reserve position)
- vacuum type fuel petcock with on - reserve positions (no need to turn petcock to off when finished riding)
- locking fuel cap
Handlebar mounted speedometer.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer & trip meter
Bright 65/60 watt headlight.